
We made it to June fourth, and Easton was very excited to go to the arm doctor and get his cast off! Although a couple of days before we went I asked him if he was excited and he said: "Yes I am, but can I get another one for my birthday?" I'm hoping that's a no go! He did grow attached to it, he loved his green arm and got mad when someone got dirt on it. He was also adamant about nobody signing his cast, even his favorite uncle couldn't talk him into it!

When the big day came he was very brave, not a single tear was shed while the loud saw was cutting it off! Which I guess is great because a lot of little guys get scared and cry when they cut them off! Easton just laughed and said it tickled!

He was very interested in watching the whole process, and thought it was pretty cool! He did cry a little when he hopped off the table and his arm fell straight down (they said he probably had elbow lock) and he wanted his cast put back on because it hurt! His cast was super clean, he did baby it after all, and his arm didn't smell at all. Thank heavens! After some exfoliating in the tub that night it looked pretty much back to normal, although Easton says it's smaller now!

Easton is so glad to have his healthy arm back, and so are we! It's been a week tomorrow and you can't even tell it was broken! We are loving that there are no more sack showers and that he can play and get wet! Hopefully he won't ask for another for his birthday again!
On another Easton note...
Since we are talking about Easton I just wanted to share a cute little story!
Easton and I were at the grocery store a couple of weeks ago and we were walking through the produce section and up ahead there was a tall man with long straight brown hair and a short well kept beard and Easton yells "Mom Jesus shops at Harmon's" I was trying so hard not to laugh, and the guy didn't even turn in our direction. But I know he heard. Then his son comes around the corner with one of those playground balls, and Easton says loudly "Mom, I want a ball like Jesus' son!" I then high tailed it out of the produce section while shushing him and laughing!
I'm so glad that I have my cute boys to entertain me, and make me laugh!
5 comments:
That is the funniest story! I was laughing so hard, you gotta love kids!!! :) I am so happy that he finally got his cast off, you need to come swimming at our pool!!!
Yeah for the blessed cast extraction!!! Oh and the Jesus story is classic!! Sometimes I hope my kids don't get me beat up by what they say!! Gotta love them.
I love how happy he is with his cast being removed.
And, HILARIOUS Jesus story!
I noticed in all of the pictures how clean his cast was. Funny he worried about keeping it clean. Cute pictures of the removal.
R. Jay has told me that kids have called him Jesus at the store (at least before the dreads) and he didn't mind it at all.
I am surprised at Easton's super happy face, I would have thought he would have been sad to see his green friend go. What a brave boy!!
Post a Comment