I had the opportunity to go to Hong Kong for work. The flight was the longest flight EVER!! Fourteen and half hours from San Francisco in a plane that had 300+ people on it. By the end of the flight, everyone was sweaty, the bathrooms were filthy and the movies were replaying.


We got to our Hotel in the Causeway Bay area of
Hong Kong. To cut costs, I shared a room with my co-worker, Burke. We asked to make sure that our room was non-smoking and had two queen beds, the lady at the desk just nodded, but the blank look on her face should have given us a clue that she had no idea what we were asking for. We got off the elevator and the entire floor smelled of smoke, and our room had two twin beds right beside each other.

We were there for Nu Skin's Greater China Convention, and to check out the new office for
Hong Kong operations. This is the new lobby:

They gave us a corner office to work in. The office is on the tenth floor.

This is the roof of our first hotel. The pool was freezing.

This is the Ladies Market. When our host, Daniel, told us to check out the ladies market, we were afraid it was similar to an Amsterdam red light district, we weren't quite sure what we would find out there. Turns out you can buy any purse and watch etc. out there.

We moved hotels on Sunday to be closer to our convention, This is what the parking lot looked like:


We had various foods, none that were too strange. This is the live shrimp!

This was a fish.

We had a free morning so we decided to do the tram ride up the big Buddha.



These are all the stairs we had to climb to get close to him. It was like an obstacle course trying to dodge the people dropping to their knees to worship, right in front of us.


This is the big brass Buddha in all his glory!

This was my favorite food of the whole trip, Octopus. It was like turkey breast on rice. Delicious!

The Squid was crunchy, but good!

The raw shrimp and baby squid, not my favorite, it had the consistency of oatmeal and tasted like fish, not sushi fish, just gross smelly-
ness.

Then I went on to Tokyo. It rained the entire three days I was there. I don't mean it rained for a little bit each day I was there. It rained the entire 72 hours that I was there.
This is Tokyo Bay, it was pretty at night.

This is the building that our
Shinjuku Nu Skin office is in. 27
th floor

This is a shout out to my amazing wife, who played single mom for the two weeks I was gone. I love you! You are the best! And.. you're hot!

They were remodeling the office area when we were there. I got yelled at for taking pictures (the construction people wouldn't believe that I was a Nu Skin Employee, because I didn't have my badge). The entrance looks nice!


These are a couple of the cool buildings I saw:


This was my tiny hotel room in the
Ariake area of Tokyo

This is the Tokyo Temple

This is the park across from the temple it was a nice walking/nature area.

This is a funny sign that was in the park.

I had a wonderful time, I missed my family a lot. I am so glad to have a company that feels that I add value even to our international operations.
I am even more blessed to have a loving wife that is a wonderful mother and can handle two weeks without a break from the kids. Thanks baby doll!
4 comments:
Thats an awesome expierence Jeff! Abe doesnt even have to go out of town for me to play single mother can you get on him for that :0) ha ha
Nice to hear from you, Jeff. Those pictures are great. It looks like you were busy but had a good time. You are right, your wife is amazing.
What a great opportunity to see another part of the world. I am impressed that you actually ate the squid, that looks sooo gross.
You are such a great husband and father. it's easy to see why Nu-skin values you.
What a cool trip Jeff! So cool that you got to go see all that stuff, and you are a good sport for trying all that food. I am pretty sure I just would have been really hungry for two weeks!! Glad you're back safe!
Post a Comment