Monday, May 25, 2009

Milestones!

I know I am a little behind but I wanted to share a few milestones that happened in our family this April! First was Jeff's birthday, that's right it was the
BIG 3-OH!
I decided that it would be fun to do something that we used to do when we were younger, so with some help from Jared, we pulled off a big surprise party filled with laser tag fun!
Lots of friends came to help celebrate his big birthday!
After Laser tag it was back to our house for cake and ice cream!
Thanks to all our friends and family who came to play on Jeff's big day!
Easton helping Daddy blow out his many candles on the cake that Kilee and I slaved over! Thanks Kilee, and Happy Birthday Babe!
Hayleigh is 9 Months!!! I can't believe how fast time goes by, it seems like just yesterday that she was brand new! At her appointment she weighed in at 17 lbs. 11 oz. and was 27 inches long! that means she's gained 10 lbs in 9 months, crazy!
She is getting SO BIG! She crawls everywhere, pulls her self up on everything, and puts every tiny thing she can find in her mouth! She loves to watch her brothers out the back door!
This is how we are greeted after every nap and every morning!
She loves to stand up and walks along all the furniture!
She thinks it's so fun to feed herself and you better watch out because She.is.fast.! turn your back for one second and she's into anything in reach!
She loves to be outside and is always happy! She has this huge cheesy smile to show off all her teeth and she shows it constantly! She loves to talk baby gibberish, and point to things and tell little stories! She is so much fun and we all love her more than i can say!

Diane Turned 50!

This is the pre-party surprise dinner! You see Amy and I decided that mom decided to have her big birthday celebrated in a big way and that we wanted to do something really nice for her since she is always doing SO much for us! Well we made the mistake of talking about in front of Taylor a time or two so we had to have a "surprise birthday dinner" for her to throw her and Taylor off!
Then came the time for the real thing, Amy and I had a blast putting it together! Making Menu's and decorating!
We decided to do a lemon and raspberry theme, because She is BERRY sweet and we didn't want her age to make her SOUR!
My friend Lauren had done a lemon themed brunch so we stole some ideas and ran with it! Thanks Lauren, Kilee and Meridith for letting us burrow sevring ware and decor!
Any who we had a superb spread everything was delicious and turned out great!
When Diane came over to "babysit" she was shocked by the big surprise of forty or fifty friends and loved ones to celebrate this big milestone with her! Thanks to all the family & friends who traveled near and far to celebrate Diane's 50 fabulous years with us!
It was a blast to celebrate so many big things this last month! I love these three special people very much and it was great to do fun things with these big milestones in their lives!

10 comments:

Diane said...

Wow, that cake for Jeff is awesome! What can't you do? Thanks again for a wonderful party, I was extremely surprised and thrilled. Love you sooo much!

gentry's said...

you are so creative, its ridiculous.

lramey said...

cute cute cutie patootie and cute.

i think a friend at jeff's birthday party is- now stay with me here- Brent's cousins, wife's sister----melody hillam is her name- i'm pretty sure it's her sister....she's cute, with big dimples and blonde hair=the friend at the party....anywho...if you didn't stay with me there, we'll chat another time!

toodles

Denise said...

Amazing, amazing cake. The party for Diane was fun - thanks for inviting us.

Anonymous said...

I didnt read through it all but thought the "Spread" looked familiar...Lauren always has good idea's...looks fun! Glad Jeff had a fun 30th!

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

Awesome #) cake. It looks like you squashed tootsie rolls and cut them in circles. Yummy.

mary said...

Party all the time at the Knights! Everything looks fabulous as usual! I'm thinking kelly and I really should have stopped by to crash the party for a few minutes :) Can't believe Hayleigh is so big, can't we just push pause for a few months??

Laurel said...

You are amazing! Quite the party planner. :) We're still sad we missed Jeff's party, so we need to have you guys over to our house soon.

And did I mention how BEYOND impressed I am with all your party details?!!! VERY well done!

Cindy said...

Guess who my giveaway winner is...? Gorgeous party btw :)

Fleming Family said...

You are such a motivated person, I admire that about you! So fun to hear all the things Hayleigh is doing now. What a great way to keep track of her milestones.