Friday, August 17, 2007

Trip to Europe


Our Summer Trip!!
Our summer started out with a fun filled adventure across the big blue! My wonderful in-laws took Jeff, his sisters Sarah and Amy, my brother Jared, and I on a trip to Europe! It was a dream come true!
London...
Our journey began in London, I loved it there it was so much fun to see Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, London and Tower bridges, Westminster, Parliament, and Big Ben. Amy and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to buy hats (like Joey did on "Friends"!!) and take fun photos all over London! From there we took the chunnel to ...
Paris...
I fell in love with Paris it was a beautiful city (most parts we saw anyway!) I thoroughly enjoyed every second there, there was so much to do and see! We saw the Arch de Triumph, the Louvre, Orssay Museum, Versailles, Notre Dame, Sacre Coeur, Sainte Chapelle, Moulin Rouge, and of course the Eiffel Tower! It was so pretty when it sparkled at night!! Oh yes and we can't forget to mention that we loved french food, like panini's and crepes!!
Berlin...
After Paris we took an Easy Jet flight to Berlin, It was so green and rich with history. I thought it would be my least favorite but I really enjoyed every second we spent there. The museums were good, the food yummy, the concerts amazing, the buildings showed pieces of history around every corner, and not to mention that we had the most fabulous hosts anyone could ask for!!




Off to Italy...



We spent five and a half days in Italy and we loved every second of it. We started in Rome and made sure not to miss a thing; the Colosseum, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Roman Forum, Mouth of Truth, Cappucin Crypt, Vatican City, Pantheon, and the Borghese Museum. We did a lot of walking, we literally walked across Rome!! we also didn't pass up any shot we could get at Italian pizza and gelato! YUMMY!!









Florence.. came next, We all could do what we wanted to do there. So Sarah, Amy and I decided to become aspiring artists! We had a lot of fun drawing landmarks of Florence! We made sure to see Michelangelo's David while we were there! Then we took a vote and decided to make a quick stop in Pisa to see the legendary leaning tower, it was awesome!!!






Last but not least , we spent a day in Venice. It was amazing to get lost in this beautiful city built on water! I could not have asked for a better way to start out the summer... And I just want to thank you so much to mom and dad Knight for this wonderful trip of a lifetime, you really made my dreams come true!!!

1 comment:

Haynes Family said...

I love your blog! It was really fun looking at it and all the fun stuff you and your family did this summer. Dan told me you've called a few times but I don't have the phone until Friday. I'll call you when I get it. Really, your blog is so fun!