Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

KNIGHT TRADITIONS!
Every year we go bowling and for Pizza with the Knights, We used to do it on Christmas Eve but it got to hard. So now we do it a day or so before! This year we went to Fat Cats and then opted for Costa Vida instead of pizza!
It was fun as always.
Some people got strikes
Even multiple strikesAnd some were left to often with just one pin standing!
Others were happy to just play the game!
Hayleigh bowled her first time, and I broke 100!
Christmas Eve!
So now we start the festivities with a Christmas Eve breakfast with the Knight clan!
We got to open a little people Nativity to play with.
And relaxed in our PJ's

FOWLER TRADITIONS:
On Christmas Eve the whole Fowler family goes to grandma's house for our many Christmas traditions! We've been doing this since I was a little girl, and it's so fun to still be doing it with my kids! It started off with 12 or 13 of us and this year we had 31! Christmas wouldn't be the same without our wonderful traditions, I'm beyond grateful for my grandparents who are still the #1 Christmas hosts! They are such a great example to the entire family!
The Garner's
Hayleigh in her Christmas Dress with Grandpa
Santa!!!
Santa made a quick stop over at our family get together to make sure he knew what we wanted before he got to work for the night!
He brought the kids a huge homemade candy cane from Mrs. Claus
Santa helped Hayleigh to not grab his beard!
Tiff even hopped on and asked for a boy, but Santa said their to hard to deliver!
Then Santa told Grandpa what he wanted for Christmas, and showed what it felt like to be him!
Jeff and I

Then after we all filled up on our Christmas Eve Feast it was time for
Caroling!
First we all go outside and warm up and practice!
Ready, Game On!
Make sure the gear is on good
Here we come a caroling!
Then we sing our hearts out in the bitter cold for our adoring fans!
Here is a little video clip of our singing, sorry it's dark so you can't really see us, but you can hear us! It's like having us carol to you, minus the cold!


Kelly, Jerry, Jeff and Dad
Pajama Time!!
Every year we open our Christmas PJ's and then have a pajama fashion show!
Nativity
Sadie and Taylor were our Mary and Joseph this year
It got late so we decided to just have the main roles this year. It is usually a whole pageant.
Hayleigh got to be baby Jesus!

Candle Ceremony!
After the Nativity Story the entire family sits in a circle and tells all the things that we are thankful for and then light our candles, with a large candle representing the light of Christ in the center!
Then it's slumber Party time!
CHRISTMAS MORNING!
After we're all awake and roaring to go, It's Present time!
Here are the kids finally allowed to go down stairs!
The Loot!
There are 31 of us so we have one fatty pile of gifts! It takes a while to get through it all!
We start with the stockings, and Easton didn't waist any time! He got this little star wars ship in his stocking, he played with it for a while then he announced to every one, "This is the best Christmas EVER!"
Then it was present time
Hayleigh got a Glo Worm, but she liked the paper more!
After almost everything was open Taylor was a little sad. He said he knew Santa probably couldn't find him a D-Rex but he was still hoping he did. Then after a few big presents moved out of the way he got a big package and he was jumping for joy! He loves him!
It was a super Christmas for me! I was spoiled like crazy. I've been wanting to redo my family room, and I got a new mantle that my parents had made and a big black clock from them too, Jeff made me a gift certificate to paint the room for me, and the Knight's gave me my painting that I've wanted! Like I said Super spoiled, and I'm SO happy!We had a great Christmas morning and when it was time to go Easton kept giving everyone huge hugs and thanking them all for the best Christmas EVER!!

We got home around 2:30 and about five minutes later it was time for the Knight's to come over and open their presents!
Amy gave me a Bedazzler and made me some smoking hot bedazzled gloves! I made her some homemade headbands and I made a super special Christmas one!
After Presents we ate and played all day and night tell we could stay awake no longer!
We had a very jolly holiday, I am so very thankful for all of our family who makes our Christmas such a wonderful time of year. I am also so grateful for the birth of our Savior and all the love that he showed for us!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is some pretty serious Christmas caroling! You are Lawrence Welk worthy.

Tiffy said...

Dude I love our family! Nothing could have been better! What a great Christmas. I think we are all spoiled!

Boy Mom said...

You guys are such a fun family.

Wow a mantle! I know you read these comments Sheree so this is for you, You are gorgeous!!!! I know where your girls get their smokin' hot
looks from. You're gorgeous to Jeff, now quit pouting ;)

Love your posts and all your fun pictures!

Deters said...

Wow, that looks like an awesome christmas! I can't believe how big the boys are already.